Friday, August 19, 2011

American Heroes

I really enjoyed learning about adding heroes to my classroom. I see how I can add them to every part of my curriculum. Now it is a matter of figuring out how much, when, and how to do it. Since I will teach a combo this year with 4th and 5th, I can see how I can have the kids work with heroes when they are done with seatwork. I see this being part of ongoing activities in a folder in each student's desk. Culminating activities can be so different and individualized which is perfect for high achievers and GATE students, the bulk of my class this upcoming year. Much to do, but excited to get started!

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of using the cartoon also and wow Brenda you created your own thats great!! I would like to find out more info on that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can email you the Heroes/Character Traits posters I have made for my classroom. I have not done much more with it yet, but I plan on focusing on our heroes as we come across them in the curriculum. I am hoping to have kids do extra research or presentations on the heroes on my walls!

    ReplyDelete